We're looking for enthusiastic, professional and driven individuals that are passionate about technology, great user experience and providing extraordinary value to our clients.
The Product Trainer will be responsible for helping customers fully leverage the benefits of the Legal Anywhere solutions. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about technology and enjoy sharing it with others. Candidates should be detail oriented, comfortable with databases, and capable of presenting to small and large groups of professionals. Experience with developing online training curriculum is preferred.
The Product Trainer is a key member of the Training & Professional Services Team. This position will help maintain, manage and deliver the training programs for Legal Anywhere clients. You will work closely with our clients to customize workflow applications and to identify and develop enhancements to continue the success of current Legal Anywhere offerings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Conduct web-based training classes, scheduled monthly, for Legal Anywhere clients.
• Conduct on-site implementation training for new clients.
• Work with clients to continue developing features and functionality in FirmConnect and Legal Anywhere’s suite of offerings.
• Determine customer needs and demonstrate how the software can be utilized to increase value and ROI to the customer business.
• Create, design and implement classroom, computer-based, web-based and other interactive training programs.
• Continuously improve / customize existing training programs and courses.
• Liaise with customer support, existing sales, and other areas of the business to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Provide level 1 and 2 support assistance to clients as needed.
• Participate in development process to ensure product meets specifications.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Seeking an individual with high energy and motivation wanting to contribute in a small team environment.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a law firm as a paralegal or other practice support person; or minimum of 2 years experience in a technical training or professional services organization.
• College degree preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – comfortable presenting to groups.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to efficiently work on multiple active projects concurrently and work well both independently and as part of a team, meeting communicated schedules.
• Ability to maintain good working relationships with internal and external clients.
• Ability to quickly learn new software applications.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Experience with Captivate eLearning is helpful.
• Familiarity with Document Management Systems a plus.
• Some travel may be required throughout the United States and Canada.
Full time salary position with benefits. Compensation determined by experience.